All bookings are made with Ancient Tracks registered with the Department of Tourism, Jammu & Kashmir Tourism Government, Leh and having its registered office at LBA Lhamokhang Complex, DB2, Zangsti, Main Market, Leh- Ladakh -194101, India.
- On booking a trek with us you must be able to understand the risks and hazards which are involved in adventure trips. You must be physically and mentally prepared for the same. Any existing medical problems should be mentioned at the time of enquiry so that we can give the necessary guidance for a suitable trip.
- It is important that you are adequately insured for the full duration of your trip and the insurance should cover medical expenses, injury, death, cost of repatriation, helicopter evacuation. All baggage and belongings are entirely at your own risk at all times and we will not take responsibility of loss, damage or accident to any luggage or property.
- On confirmation of traveling with us, you will need to complete bank transfer for the amount agreed upon as non refundable trip deposit to our Bank Account Details sent to you.
50% of trip cost and domestic airfares will need to be sent by bank transfer 45 days before trip departure.
Balance of payment to be sent by bank transfer 3 weeks before arrival.
Please note that on payments made by bank transfer, bank charges will have to be borne by the clients
- Should you wish to cancel; the following scale of charges will apply:
Cancellation 30 days to 2 months 40% of trip cost
Cancellation 15-30 days before departure 60% of trip cost
Cancellation 15 days before departure 100% of trip cost
For all the above sectors any domestic airfares will be refundable depending on the type of ticket purchased as some are non refundable tickets. Refundable tickets with a cancellation fee will be charged accordingly. For flights to Bhutan, a “No Refund” Policy applies
- Whilst every effort will be made to adhere to the planned itinerary, it must be realized that last minute or on the spot changes could occur with any kind of adventure travel. The unexpected may happen and adventure holidays unlike regular holidays cannot be taken for granted. Factors like weather, transport difficulty, political instability, changes in rules and policies may cause us to change the itinerary and the same will be informed to the clients should changes have to be made before trip departure. If changes occur once trip begins, the itinerary will be decided by the guide and will be in the best and safest interest of the clients.
- Many of the places that we visit do not have the emergency and safety services that you are used to in Europe. Hotels, lodges in remote places will not match the western standards and transportation may not be the most comfortable .You should be prepared to adhere to such conditions though we do try our best to provide the best available at each place.
- In the event of illness, accident, emergency medical evacuation either by foot, vehicle, helicopter or otherwise, the responsibility for the payment of such costs lies with the client and should be paid directly.
- Ancient Tracks will not be liable for consequences of weather conditions, flight cancellations, strikes, wars, riots or any untoward incidents. Any extra costs, such as hotel accommodation / flights, that result will be your responsibility and must be paid for directly at that time.
- Once a trip begins and should any one return early due to illness or any personal reason, no refund will be given for unutilized services and hotels. Any additional costs incurred due to deviation from the itinerary by the clients will be paid directly by them.
It is imperative that you have travel insurance when on a holiday tours to such place as Ladakh. You would need to buy this at your country as this cannot be done in India. Insurance, especially if trekking and climbing, needs to be able to cover all emergencies including hospitalization, hotel bills, flights (if you have to return early), helicopter rescue, land rescue, horse rescue, even human rescue.
Ancient Tracks carry no type of liability insurance, personal medical insurance, emergency rescue or evacuation, or any type of insurance whatsoever for participants of such tours and treks.
We strongly recommend each of you to purchase a travel insurance policy for the trip and to check with your homeowners and medical insurance policies to see that you are covered by them while abroad.